Monday, August 9, 2010

Sundays Sundays Sundays!!!

Oh boy... there are very few things in life that I put the word HATE too... Not even my S2BX gets this term!! But Sunday is a whole new bag of worms.

It isn't that I HATE everything about it... I just hate the frustration. Now this is, I am sure, true for ANY and ALL parents, but to be single and doing it is that much worse!!

Not only is my sweet and poor Lukas going through "daddy identity crisis" but he does not care for Sacrament Meeting.

* for my non LDS followers or soon to be followers, let me outline my Sundays!

First I attend an hour of Choir practice, where my son roams the meeting room pawning toys off other children or sitting with his favorite pal.

Then is an hour of Sacrament Meeting, which includes: talks, announcements, ward business and the most important part the Sacrament. The whole congregation is a part of this meeting, young and old, women and men, the quiet intent on listening and the loud who really don't care they just don't want to sit there any more!! (my son and nephews are this catagory!) And finally the embarrased parents who wonder the whole hour why the heck we do this! (I am in this catagory!)

Then off to Sunday School.. This is suppose to be my first break!! My son goes to Nursery where he is enriched by lessons of Jesus, snacks, Toys and music. I am suppose to get to an adult class where we study the Scriptures more indepth.... I say "suppose to" because lately I spend that hour: running to the bathroom with Lukas, trying to get him to stay in his class, making necessary Visiting Teaching appointments, and just taking a breath!

Likewise during the last hour of church is Relief Society/Priesthood. In RS I have a calling which means I have to be there for the music part. After conducting the opening song, I once again find myself running to the potty, wrestling with Lukas and doing a million other things!! all in time to be back for the closing song.

Sunday's are exhausting!!!

Sacrament is spent trying to get Lukas to sit still, fold his arms, and just plain not annoy or distrupt the people around him!! Then Sunday School and RS are spent trying to get him to the potty and then back to class.. Needless to say most Sundays I don't feel as if I have learned anything and also I am mentally and physically exhausted!!

So IF this is how your typical Sunday looks.. Don't be alarmed, YOU are NOT ALONE!!

2 comments:

  1. Just bring him to Washington! =) He has fun playing with Dennis' BCG Sunglasses during Sacrament =P I'm sure this is really hard on both of you. I promise you will be rewarded someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yes he did love those glasses... he also loved Dennis... I miss you guys so much... Thank you for being there for us... You two are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete